Choosing the right countertops for your home can be a daunting task. There are many factors to consider, such as durability, cost, and how well it will harmonize with your home’s decor. Here are some tips to help you choose the right countertops for your home:
- Consider the material: You have more countertop choices than ever when it comes to materials, colors, and patterns. Some materials such as quartzite, quartz, soapstone, marble, and granite are popular choices for their durability, aesthetic appeal, and ease of maintenance. Quartzite is a natural stone that is harder than granite and has a similar look to marble. Quartz is a man-made material that is non-porous, scratch-resistant, and easy to clean. Soapstone is a natural stone that is heat-resistant, non-porous, and has a unique matte finish. Marble is a natural stone that is elegant, heat-resistant, and has a timeless look. Granite is a natural stone that is durable, heat-resistant, and has a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Factor in durability and cost: You should factor in the durability and cost of the material plus installation. Our tests revealed strengths and weaknesses between materials, but not so much between manufacturers. For that reason, our countertop Ratings focus on four criteria: Stains, abrasions, cutting (slicing and chopping), and tolerances to heat and impact. It’s all about counterbalance: To find out the pros and cons of the countertops you’re considering, especially since materials can be comparable in price, be sure to keep this guide handy.
- Look for sales and consider mixing materials: Look for sales and consider mixing materials, using the more expensive material on prominent areas such as an island and a less expensive material on the perimeter. Buying remnants are a possibility for smaller areas, such as an island, pastry slab, or bathroom counter, and you could mix and match remnants for bigger areas.
- Get sizable samples: Small samples make it hard to visualize what the material will look like in your kitchen. It’s fine to play with online design tools, but look at the materials up close and take home large samples, even if you have to pay for them. If you’re considering stone, visit the stone yard: Color and veining can vary widely even within a slab, so when you find a slab you love, reserve it.
- Watch the warranty: Whatever countertop material you’re considering ask about the warranty.
Beyond the Surface: Function Follows Form
- Sink Sensations: Integrated sinks offer seamless beauty, while top-mount styles bring a touch of rustic charm. Choose what sings to your aesthetic and fits your budget. Remember, undermount sinks are easier to clean, but top-mount are friendlier to DIY warriors.
- Edge Appeal: Straight edges are classic, but waterfall or bullnose designs can add drama and dimension. Think about the overall flow of your kitchen and choose an edge that complements the countertop material and your design style.
- Backsplash Blitz: Don’t let the backsplash be an afterthought! It protects your walls, adds personality, and ties the whole look together. Tiles, stone slabs, or even metallic panels can make a statement. Choose something that reflects your countertop vibe and makes your heart sing.
If you’re looking for a reliable and professional countertop installation service, look no further than Weaver Stone Company. Our team of experts can help you choose the right countertops for your home and install them with precision and care. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.